So it's March... and it's probably time to update. WOAH ... it's MARCH! It's baby month! YAHOO! We are thrilled for this little baby to be here. Lately I've had a foot sticking out my right side and a rump at the top of my belly. It's quite fun to watch. It's incredible being pregnant this long. We are 34 weeks and 1 day!!
We still are seeing our OB weekly, a specialist monthly and we have now added non-stress tests to the weekly list of appointments. We had our third one today and baby performed very well. We have 2 more left and then we will have our amnio the day before delivery.
This week is my last week of cleaning houses and so I'll have two full weeks off before baby comes. I'm already finding that my belly runs into the counters of bathrooms and kitchens and it's hard to reach the tops of mirrors, I'm sure I'm a humerous sight to see. I am planning to go back in May after taking this time off, we have just been blessed by the 5 houses that have hired me.
I've been nesting like crazy around our house - I've gone through boxes that haven't seen sunlight since we moved from Michigan, and some from my parents house from WAAY back when. It feels great to be even more organized and I'm glad to get it out of the way. I've got some sewing and cooking projects that I'm hoping to get done before the baby arrives. Ben has requested some enchiladas to go in the freezer for after baby is here.
Brie is doing great things lately - we added new pictures to our flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/massung - she has learned a new word, "Gobble." We started singing the gobble gooble gooble fat turkey fat turkey song... and she picked up on it right away. We were in Target about a week and a half ago and she was sitting in the cart while Ben was pushing her and I seperated from them to go look at something, and I found them in the store again by hearing her sing her Gobble gobble song. I'm hoping to catch her doing it sometime and get it on video.
She's very close to walking, she will stand up all on her own in the middle of a room and just hasn't been brave enough to take that first step. We are close though. She likes to dance, and loves helping the OB at the doctor's appointments. He just gave her a little gift today of her own tape measure to pull out and push the button to make it zip back in. She turns on the doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat and helps measure my tummy every week. She is adorable.
We are soaking up our last few moments of having her as our only child and in a strange way I think she knows that something is coming, some sort of change. She's been very affectionate lately and snuggly. And CLINGY! We are enjoying it though. She's going on vacation to Nana and Papa's for a week when baby comes so that we don't have to worry about her care or bounce her around from place to place while we have our hospital stay and then when we are trying to figure out life with a newborn and a c-section recovery. I have no idea how to do the two together - since Brie was in the hospital for 109 days after her birth, I was able to recover without having to take care of her full time.
Hope all is well with all of you, I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like this is such an exciting time in your lives. Those milestones are the greatest and thats when you know its all worth it. We have a routine of action songs the girls like to act out every night like, Ring around the rosie, itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the bus. Love your new picture.
I love the updates to the blog! :) I cannot wait to meet baby #2 and I'm sure you can't either! Good luck with everything and it was so good to see you a couple weeks ago!
Brie looks excited that she will be a big sister soon. :) Enjoy nesting!
Post a Comment