Friday, December 5, 2008

Here we go again...



Well we have had a fun month so far, December 1st we got to experience seeing our little baby, on an ultrasound and finding out that so far so good. Baby is HEALTHY and weighs around 13 ounces. The ultrasound techs joked that this one would come out just as big as Baby B - which I'm now going to have to call Big Girl B! Weird. Of course she has no idea how her world is going to change, and I don't care to tell her just yet. You know kids, they don't always understand long time frames, so I figure we'll just tell her when it get's closer. HA.


We do know the gender of Baby - but we know that not everyone wants to know, so I will do my VERY best to not share the news on this site. It will be difficult, but I will try VERY hard.


We spent the weekend before Thanksgiving in Nashville, TN, staying at the luxiourious Spitzer B&B (my bro lives there), we are so thankful for their accomodations for our family. It worked out very well. We went down for a Youth Pastor's Conference and learned lots. It was a nice time to get away and for neither of us to worry about work. We headed back after the conference on the Monday before Thanksgiving and went straight to Davenport where we stayed at the other Spiter B&B (also know as Nana & Papa's house!). We determined before heading down the TN that it would be great to tack on a bit of vacationing at the end of the trip, so off to Dport we went. Although it wasn't a lavish location, we were so thankful to have the ability for Nana to watch Big girl B overnight and for daddy B & mommy B to go to a hotel and have basically a 24 hour vacation. Mommy B did this as a complete surprise for daddy B. (All these B's will have to make the next baby NOT a B name! Whew!) It was a nice vacation and was the first time we were able to get away TOGETHER for an overnight without Big Girl B. Thanks again Nana for watching her!


Speaking of Big girl B, she's been teething more! Which I say, bring them all on at once, so we don't have to go through it more than a few times. She's got two in on the bottom that are razor sharp, and then there are at least two coming in on top. She confuses us by sleeping through the night, every other night. So that means, tonight we will be awake, since last night we weren't. ;-) Oh well, the joys of being a parent. She get's her second synagis shot next week, and she will have her weight done again then too! She's been fairly healthy, other than one bug that she's had this week, which I'm not sure what even to call it, because it could also be hand in hand with the lovely teething.


Tomorrow is St. Nick's day and we are starting our new M home tradition of decorating the tree and the house and eating lots of cookies, I finally made daddy B his birthday cake/pie/cheescake last night (I know basically in time for his half birthday) but he rewarded me this morning by saying that it's so rich, he couldn't finish his piece. That's unusual! So now, I'm off to make him some of his favorite cookies, oatmeal scotchies. And then probably on to my favorite sugar cookies. We are excited for this new tradition.


We leave you with a picture that we took with the Z family and the S family when we were home for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Kieliszek said...

Its kinda funny watching this baby be so much bigger than baby B or should I say toddler B. We decided this year we would start the tradition of baking Jesus a cake and singing happy birthday. Glad to hear everything is going so well. I loved the pictures on flicker. Have a good one.