Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week two

Well, it's week two, day 9 of the No Facebook Fast. Which I've had a few people tell me they've seen me on facebook - I'm guessing in the online portion. Well, I haven't been on facebook per-say - But I do click to become a fan through a separate link on a blog, in order to obtain a coupon. So the other day - it was to get a coupon for buy one get one free eggs. In which case I was on that specific site for a LONG time because they were having technical difficulties. So yes, I've been on facebook - but not for checking anything such as my inbox, my wall, my friends' walls, my friends' photos - all of which THESE were the time wasters for me, so I personally don't feel I've violated my NO FACEBOOK FEBRUARY.

Now onto my goals and how I'm doing:
My personal goals for this much needed fast are to:
1. Spend more time with my Savior: God has had a funny way of teaching me this - this week. That's all I'll say for now.
2. Spend more time with my spouse: We had our first date night since July - last Thursday night. Ben surprised me by taking me to my favorite, P.F. Changs - and the girls did great at the babysitters house: Aka. Nan. It was wonderful. And we also just sat together on the couch and watched some TV last night, just sat, no agenda, no children, no phone calls, just us.
3. Spend more time with my children, away from media of ANY sort: The TV has had a significant amount of time not racking up my electrical bills. However my ipod players- have had LOTS of usage, we've danced and sang all week long! It's been fantastic.
4. Finish getting my house weeded through and organized. Ben and I got through one of our linen closets, and through most of the cupboards in our laundry room (which if you've been in my house you know what a feat that is). Still to go: the bathrooms, the second linen closet, the kitchen, one of the shelves in the basement, the rest of the laundry room. And I'm sure I'm missing something, but we're doing really well.
5. Finally get all the gifts I haven't actually sent out - embarrasingly - haven't done this yet.
6. Post on this blog 2X a week and also start a new blog: haven't done this one yet.
7. Get into a routine that is manageable. - Getting better at this one.
8. Get through all my magazine stacks - nope not yet
9. Create a list of the sewing projects - this requires me going through all the rest of the laundry room first.
10. Relax. - I'm trying to do this, Ben has helped me a lot by giving me breaks from the girls, including a MUCH needed nap the other day.

I have high hopes for the rest of Feb.

Girls seem like they are beginning to get sick, I hope not.

No comments: