Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sickness

Well, the girls are sick. Brie has a cough (which surprisingly isn't all that bad), a clear runny nose, and what seems to me to possibly be a UTI. Poor thing. I took her into the doctor yesterday, and they wanted her to pee in a cup. She wouldn't do it, not that I blame her, I have trouble peeing in a cup at the doctor's office too. But it didn't help that the cup they wanted her to pee into was the same kind of fishy cups she also gets snacks in at church. HAHA. Oh my. I laughed, anyways, because of all of her symptoms, they are pretty convinced that she does have a UTI, poor thing.

They were both awake several times last night, Brie trying to go pee, and Sadie just crying. Brie's temperature at it's highest today has been 102.2. As Ben reminded me, this is one of the joys of being a mom. That comment was at about 1:00 this morning, right after I had fallen asleep and I wanted to just clobber him because I was so tired. Don't worry I didn't.

So today, I emailed into work, rescheduling for the end of the week. And the girls and I had a lounge day. Me being in sweats, and the girls in their jammies.

Brie of course had the adorably pathetic, stuffy nose whiny voice, and said Elmo, one to many times, so she got to watch Elmo three times today. And she layed on the couch - just layed there. Wanted to be covered up, given her blankie (which normally only is allowed in bed.), and her pacie (which is also olny allowed in bed). It was a sweet scene. One that only made my heart melt. She had an even more than usual abnormal appetite, she already doesn't eat very much, but REALLY didn't eat much today.

Sadie, was a super duper napper today. Sleeping from 9-11:30 this morning, and then 12:30ish/closer to 12:45-3:30. Her little nose has been running on one side, it switches back and forth, and she has 4 teeth pushing their way through on top. She toddled around the house, pausing every once in awhile to grin up and me, and remind me why I do LOVE being a mom, especially on crummy, yucky, jammie days. She's getting closer and closer to walking everyday. She stands now for several seconds and can raise herself slowly from a scrunch (it's really a crouch, I just like to use the word scrunch), she can also lower herself slowly from a standing position. I'm eager for her to walk, because what else can she get into at this point? She already loves to pull all the dirty cloth diapers out of the pail, the qtips out of the bathroom garbage, she's only slightly discovered the toilet paper roll, but has discovered how to open and close all the drawers and door on the upstairs bathroom vanity. Oy. This child keeps me on my toes.

Tonight after Ben came home for an early dinner and headed back to youth group, (which I am skipping tonight, to stay home with the sick kiddos) we watched Elmo for the 3rd and final time, I clipped coupons, and Sadie ate fisher price zoo animals, and then I gave the girls a relaxing bath.

Their CD player ka-put-ted last week. Sad, sad day. It was a CD player that Ben had given me in college, and it was ever so faithful for being only a $13 player. But it died. I almost want to hold it a funeral. Anyways...

So Ben found this little MP3 player at Dick's Sporting Goods Store that you use batteries for and then plug your ipod into. So that's what we've been using for bedtime. Which stinks because I've already been through about 4 AA batteries, and my rechargeables need to be replaced.

But tonight for their bath I put on one of my favorites, "Relaxing Classical" and then let them soak in the tub and relax. The music also helped me to relax and just take in the moment. Both girls took their turns grinning at me and smiling OH SO BIG, and got their hair washed, and smelled very nice when they came out. I lathered them up with one of my new favorite lotions - aveeno for baby - non-scented, and it makes their skin incredibly luxurious. In fact I think I might steal it for after one of my baths.

And then we read a great book called Snow Friends and they hopped into bed.

What a day- God teaches me so much on these days when I'm not dressed, showered, presentable, and yet I get to snuggle with my girls, work on cleaning MY own home, clip coupons, and take a day of rest. He teaches me to appreciate the little things, the small things that I do for our family, to make it work, to make it run, to make my husband smile, to make my girls GRIN up at me with the beautiful teeth. What a life I live, what joy I have right in front of me every day, I'm learning to appreciate it more and more as I take this Facebook Sabbatical. It's so good.

1 comment:

emili said...

sorry the girlies aren't feeling too well :( hope you get more sleep tonight, and that you all start feeling peachy soon!

also, i love aveeno baby products! they're the best :o)