Whew... another month (oops and a half) have gone flying by.
We celebrated our 4 year anniversary on May 13th, CRAZY. We've known each other for almost 7 years now. How amazing.
In May...
We celebrated lots of graduation open houses with our seniors from church. So proud of them all! And sad to see them go.
My friend Michelle and I (and Sadie) snuck a quick trip up to Minneapolis to visit Ikea. It was a very productive trip and we had an awesome time. They were having a super sale on some things we both wanted. We even waited in a long line for one of the things. Yes, we are crazy. It was fantastic.
On the 25th was my Golden Birthday... and Ben threw me a surprise party! And I had no clue! IT was great!! I've always wanted to have a party for my birthday, but as you know you can't throw one for yourself. The party was complete with great people, balloons, CHINESE food, and delicious cake (many other things as well, but those were the things that excited me most).
In June...
We began the month by getting two new (to us) vehicles. We traded in our Expedition and our Taurus and got a 2005 Nissan Quest (mini-van) and a 2008 Subaru Legacy. Both dream cars of sorts for us.
And our friends Dominic and Julie, and their daughter Madelyn came and visited us for the weekend. Ben hadn't met Madelyn yet so it was a great visit.
Ben had a campout with a fun group that he's been helping lead called Pathfinders.
And Ben took some of our highschool youth group to Colorado, and while he was gone I headed to Davenport for a few days. While I was there Brie and Sadie got to have a playdate with our favorite set of twins M & S! We also got to have lots of good quality time with Nana and Papa.
The 20th we went to a wedding of a friend that I used to work with, it was lovely. She looked beautiful, and Brie had fun dancing on the dance floor!
The 21st through the 26th we spent the week up at Pine Lake Christian Camp where Ben helped lead a camp called Centershot. There the kids learned Archery skills and he helped teach some outdoor cooking and lead worship. It was a HOT week, but thankfully our cabin had airconditioning. And best of all, I didn't cook ALL WEEK! hehe. It was lots of fun, because it is also the camp I grew up going to and so I felt right at home.
The 27th we hit up the annual Des Moines Art Festival with our friends Ryan and Michelle. Some beautiful pieces of art were seen this year, my favorite are still the marble works type sculptures.
We've all got colds right now but as long as they clear up we are headed to Davenport for the fourth for a BIG family party, including meeting our new NEWPHEW! Who was born 6 days before Sadie Mae.
July looks to be just as busy as June so I'll hopefully get a post in.
But be sure and check out some (not all) of the new pictures at our flickr site:
www.flickr.com/photos/massung
Thanks all!
-b-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Its amazing how busy we can all get and don't really notice it until we go to document it for everyone to read. All I could think after my last 2 posts was wow now wonder June disappeared so fast.
Post a Comment